ARTICLE 1: ORGANIZER
The Malaysian Palm Oil Council (MPOC), a non-profit agency under the Ministry of Plantation Industries & Commodities, Malaysia, is organizing an online contest with no purchase required from May 1ˢᵗ- July 31ˢᵗ, 2018
ARTICLE 2: THE CONTEST
This online contest is part of the activities organized by MPOC to encourage the general consumers to learn about Malaysian palm oil, its versatility and attributes to socio-economic development, global food security, the environment, and health. The contest can be accessed via the following:
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/MPO100Years
- Instagram: www.instagram/ MPO100Years
In order to participate in this contest, participants must:
- log on the contest website at www.mpo100years.org
- complete the online registration form and in doing so validate acceptance of terms and conditions
- answer all the simple questions and submit the entry form
ARTICLE 3: ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- The contest is open to individuals residing in South Korea of age 15 years old and above.
- Directors, officers and employees of MPOC as well as their affiliates, subsidiaries and joint-venture partners, immediate families and members of their immediate household are not eligible to participate in this contest.
- Participation in the contest supposes unreserved acceptance of the present rules and all their provisions, as well as of all laws and regulations applicable to free contests. Failure to abide by the conditions set forth in these rules will result in automatic disqualification of the participant. Any attempt to disrupt the normal operation of this contest may result in the immediate elimination of the person(s) involved.
- Participants agree that MPOC may use their names and contact details for promotional or advertising purposes in perpetuity, without compensation or other consideration due participants.
- Participants also agree that all personal information submitted may be collected and used. The information is only used for administrative purposes for the current contest and will not be used otherwise without their prior consent.
ARTICLE 4: STEPS TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST
To enrol in this contest, participants must:
1. Visit the contest website at : www.mpo100years.org
2. Fill up the contest form
3. Submit their answers and in doing so validate acceptance of the Terns & Conditions of the contest.
ARTICLE 5: SELECTION OF THE WINNERS
- A participant can submit as many entries as he/she wishes to this contest but he/she is only eligible to win 1 prize only throughout the contest period
- Entries received by the organizer after July 31st 2018 (GMT +8:00) will not be counted in the selection process
- Only entries with all-correct answers will be considered for the prizes
- The selection of the winners is carried out randomly by electronic means
- In the event that a winner, for whatever reasons or circumstances, is unable to accept his/her prize, the organizer will exercise its full discretion to identify a replacement winner. If the notice given to the organizer is too late, the organizer has the right not to proceed with identifying the replacement.
- One winner will be announced every month starting from June 2018. He/she will be informed by the Organizer via email or by telephone.
ARTICLE 6: PRIZE DETAILS
The prizes of this contest are:
i) 1 unit of Apple iPad 9.7 inch (32GB)
ii) 1 unit of Apple iPad Pro 10.5 inch (64GB)
iii) 1 unit of Apple iPhone 8 (64GB)
ARTICLE 7: THE WINNERS
- The winners will be notified through social media and on the contest website.
- The winners may also be announced in other ways such as (but not limited to) press release, websites, video summary and social media networks (Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms).
ARTICLE 8: LIABILITY
MPOC cannot be held liable in the event of a dysfunctioning of the internet, any computer or communication device, preventing access to the contest or its smooth running. In particular, MPOC cannot be held liable for any third party acts of internet abuse.
While MPOC shall do all in its capacity to provide participants with information and/or tools that are accessible and verified, it shall not be held liable for any errors (particularly in display on the contests website) or for the absence of availability of information and/or the presence of a virus on the website.
Participation in the contest implies knowledge and acceptance of the characteristics and limitations of the internet, the absence of protection of certain data provided against possible misuse or piracy, and the risks of contamination by viruses circulating on the internet. Participants must take appropriate measures to protect their personal data and/or software on their computer or telephone equipment from any kind of attack. All persons connecting to the website and participating in the contest shall do so at their own risk. Furthermore MPOC shall not be responsible or liable in the event:
- Internet access problems
- Hardware or software problems
- Deletion or loss of data provided by participants for reasons not attributable to MPOC
- Human errors or errors due to electrical malfunction
- Disturbances that might affect the smooth running of the contest or dysfunctions in the automated drawing process.
MPOC shall not be held liable for the consequences of any delay in communication through email for which it is not responsible. Any claims must be sent by the recipient directly to the appropriate internet service provider (ISP). In any case, if the smooth running of the contest in administrative and/or technical terms is disrupted for any reason beyond the control of MPOC, the company reserves the right to suspend or terminate the contest. Any fraud or breach of the present rules shall result in the disqualification of the entrant.
These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice. Other conditions may apply.